1 large loaf French Bread (about 16 slices) or two mini loaves
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 Cup half and half
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 Cup pumpkin puree
- 2 T butter
- Butter a 9 x 13 baking dish. Slice bread into ½ inch slices stacking two pieces on top of each other and place in dish.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add ½ Cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and salt. Optional – add 1/2 Cup of pumpkin puree, beat to combine.
- Lay out 8 pieces of bread. Divide cream cheese mixture over bread. Spread on slice of bread and top with another slice of bread to create cream cheese stuffed French toast.
- Make the pumpkin mixture by beating the eggs. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk together. Pour over stuffed French toast.
- Top each piece of French toast with half a slice of butter.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night, or for several hours.
- In the morning bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with warm maple syrup and a dollop of whipped cream! I also add pecans fresh from our farm!